June 23, 2015

# 8 Reflection Paper

I hesitated before deciding to take this class ”Computer-Assisted Language Learning, ” because I know my English is not very good. At first I afraid I cannot follow the class, but I believe that I can overcome my weakness in learn English through this course. Finally my faith bigger than my fear. I have made up my mind to take this class. I want improve my English writing and speaking skill. In this class, I learn a lot from writing my own blog and group presentation. Although the two topics is difficult challenges to me, I still enjoy it.

When the teacher said you have to set up you blog and write every week, I was very worry and afraid that I cannot write a good article. Because I have not gone to English cram school since I was child, writing article is not easy to me, I always spend very much time on writing. Before I start to write my blog, I will search online article and use the online dictionaries look for ready-made phrases that I can use in my own sentences. Through writing blog I learn a lot of new vocabulary and good sentences. Writing blog not only help me review what I learn this week but also enhance my writing skill.

I am an introverted person. Group presentation mean I have to talk in front a lot of people and even worse is that presentation cannot use my native language. In order to overcome this challenge, I effort to do my best. My group presentation topic is " MIT Open Courseware. "  When I prepare this presentation, I have a deeper understanding about  MIT Open Courseware, and I have been interested in MIT Open Courseware since then.

MIT Open Courseware is very useful. Because I choose the class that really interested me. Moreover, the course have a complete set of lecture videos, problem sets and exams. When I watch the video, I feel as if taking the real lectures in the classroom. Meanwhile, I can enhance my listening skill. After lesson, there will be exams test me what I learn in this course. These courses have ignited a passion for learning.


I am very glad that I take this class. I know a lot of online language learning resources that make English learning much more interesting and easier. In the class, I use many English learning websites and freeware for the first time. After I know how to use websites and freeware, websites and freeware become useful to me. it can enhance my English skills. For example, " My ET " is a freeware which can improve my speaking skill by check my errors of English pronunciation. And Open Courseware help me study by myself in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment